Do you like meeting new people and helping others?
Sutter Maternity & Surgery Center (SMSC) is currently seeking dedicated volunteers for our volunteer programs who can help us put a smile on every patient's face and add a personal touch to the care patients receive.
In addition to SMSC, you can also learn about volunteer opportunities at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF) centers located in Alameda, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties.
About VolunteeringSutter Maternity & Surgery Center volunteers assist with a number of tasks, including:
- Greeting patients
- Staffing general information desks
- Guiding patients to various locations and departments on the campus
- Calling cabs
- Providing wheelchair assistance and transportation
- Helping patients navigate the parking lots
- Setting out magazines in waiting areas
- Generally making patients and guests comfortable through simple kindnesses such as offering a listening ear or a glass of water
Program BenefitsThere are many benefits of volunteering at Sutter Maternity & Surgery Center, including:
- The satisfaction of helping others by making patients feel comfortable and letting them get through their visits as efficiently as possible
- "Get acquainted" luncheons and special events with guest speakers
- 4 hour shifts, Monday through Friday
- Shifts are from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 12 to 4 p.m
- Most volunteers work once or twice a week, and interested volunteers are asked to make a one-year commitment.
Volunteers must be willing to be stationed at various areas throughout Sutter Maternity & Surgery Center (2900 Chanticleer Avenue, Santa Cruz).
In addition, interested volunteers must be:
- 16 years old or older
- Willing to undergo a background check, drug test, TB and MMR blood test, and MMR, TDAP and chicken pox immunizations. Volunteers must maintain current flu vaccinations during designated seasons.
- Willing to review and certify that they will uphold all confidentiality, safety, HIPAA and infection control policies.
- Able to attend an intake meeting. These occur twice a month.
For more information, please contact Volunteer Services at (831) 458-6623 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.