Programs & Services
Sutter Maternity & Surgery Center specializes in the care of medical, surgical and obstetrical patients and their families.
We have both doctors and midwives on staff, which means you have a choice in your obstetrical care. We have 12 birthing suites to accommodate you before, during and after your baby is born. Some of our suites include an in-room Jacuzzi. For suites without an in-room Jacuzzi, a private one is available.
As a smaller facility, we are able to provide you with personal attention when you want it and quiet time when you need it. We have a highly-regarded Lactation Center [link to Lactation Center page] available for breast-feeding mothers, and offer health education classes related to parenting and newborn care.
Back to top
Medical and Surgical Procedures
We have five state-of-the-art operating rooms for surgeries in specialty areas such as ophthalmology, ENT, orthopedics, gynecology, Gastroenterology, plastic surgery, and general surgery. Many of our patients go home the same day as their surgery is performed. For those who do need to stay overnight or for multiple days, we have 18 suites to accommodate them. Doctors also use our operating rooms to perform a variety of outpatient procedures, including pain management, endoscopy, colonoscopy and lithotripsy.
We are a fully certified acute-care hospital, accredited by The Joint Commission, an independent, not-for-profit organization that certifies more than 19,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States. Joint Commission accreditation and certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization's commitment to meeting performance standards.
Due to our patient-centered focus and evidence-based medical practices, our hospital rates highly in patient and provider satisfaction, for which we have received multiple awards including:
- Press Ganey Summit Award for patient satisfaction
- Best Places to Work in Healthcare (Modern Healthcare magazine)
- Best Place to Practice (Modern Healthcare magazine)
- Sutter Health President's Special Recognition Award for patient satisfaction and quality
- Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
- Baby Friendly Hospital designation
- VHA Leadership Award for Clinical Excellence
- Leapfrog Group's Top Hospital Award for patient safety and quality
Back to top
We expect you to be comfortable during your stay, and we offer a unique set of amenities in our patient rooms - all of which are private.
- An in-room refrigerator for your use
- Wireless Internet
- TV & DVD player
- On-demand meal service until 7 p.m. providing delicious, freshly-prepared meals. Sandwiches and salads are available late evenings. We source local, natural ingredients.
- Bathroom amenities
- Pull-out sleeper for your partner or family member
Back to top
Pay My Bill Online (opens to new window)